Friday, April 20, 2018
CUCC's "Better Than Average Auction" coming up this Saturday!
Hors d'oeuvres hosted by Stewardship committee
Beer and wine bar available
Auction fun, games and surprises
2018 Live Auction catalog
2018 Silent Auction catalog
Childcare program so kids will have fun, too!
Parents should rsvp to Susan Atkinson so we have a kid count. Other adults, just come on out to the auction!
Proxy: Look for an email this week with “auction offerings booklet" attached and proxy form should you need to authorize a friend to bid for you.
Final Countdown to Saturday at 6:30 in the Fellowship Hall at CUCC begins today!
1) RSVP’d for your children (only children need to RSVP since programming is being planned for them!)
2) Donated that item you intended to submit (see forms attached, previous emails, church website, Sunday announcements, etc)
3) Made plans to drop off your items (Cathy in the Pilgrim House office can receive items Monday - Thurs
Email Susan Atkinson firstname.lastname@example.org with any last minute submissions or questions about the auction in general. At this point, it’s more helpful to email than submit a form :)
Already up for bid are experiences to share like Trivia Night, trip to Outerbanks Audobon Aviary, Durham Bulls ticket and apparel package, restorative yoga session, various lunches, dinners, cocktail parties, game nights, walks, family frolics, tours and more! You'll also find two handmade quilts, and other homemade crafts and goodies, gift baskets, simple jewelry, books, toys, and offers of tutoring, lessons, and consultations.
You are welcome to add something to these treasures of time and talent that we share on auction night and throughout the year. At this point, don’t fill out a form — just email or call Susan Atkinson at email@example.com or 706-295-4574 to get your donation into the mix.
Are you short on ideas but ready to contribute something to our auction offerings? Here are some ideas for you to claim as your very own. If you’d like to make one of these happen by April 16, reply to this email and we’ll put you down!
Ready in a flash:
A. Gift cards to anywhere - If you have these floating around in your car console or can pick one up at the grocery check out, send them to the church office! We’ve got an idea!
B. Fresh baked cakes, breads or cookies - Whether store bought or homemade, these look great on the table and always go like hotcakes.
Add a little of your imagination:
1. Themed baskets - Pull together 5-9 items in an appropriate receptacle that on their own might look less inspiring. One example is Basket of Peaceful Moments and could include tea, an herbal eye mask, massage roller, cd of beautiful music, candle and pretty journal nestled on a tray. Other baskets might be themed: Enviro-friendly Cleaning, Science for Kids, Gardening Goodies, Book Basket, Travel Kit or Chocolate Heaven.
2. Let someone use your stuff - Offer your lake house for a week, your camping gear for 4 for a weekend, your old guitar and chord books to a novice musician for a month, your old camera to someone who hasn’t used one of those old-fangled and mysterious things, your nice dishes for someone having a party, your dog to someone deciding if they want one. It’s for church!
Remember, for every item you submit to the silent or live auction by April 16, you’re eligible to submit a “tongue-in-cheek” idea (not intended as actual items or events :) and may win a valuable prize and wear the "better than average" crown! Latest T-I-C entry comes from the Nicholl family: Mystery box of the contents of our kitchen junk drawer - even we don’t know what you’ll get!
So many ideas, so much love!
Thanks for all you do to make Community UCC our vibrant church home!
Posted by Jane at 8:26 AM